Friday, October 31, 2008

Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi










This is a great way to serve fish, it has TONS of good flavor and a great sauce that goes well over rice... you have to at least try it! For the record, it's one of my all-time favorite meals!

Ingredients:
4 (6oz) Mahi Mahi Steaks ( I get 'em frozen at Trader Joe's)

Marinate ingredients:
3 TBSP honey
3 TBSP soy sauce
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 tsp ginger (comes in a jar already pureed, at Trader's or any grocery store)
1 clove garlic
2 tsp olive oil

Directions:
Mix all the "Marinate Ingredients" together in a shallow dish, season the mahi mahi steaks with a little s & p, then lay them in the dish to marinate for 15- 20 minutes in the fridge. When ready, put 1 TBSP olive oil in a frying pan and let it heat up, then lay the steaks in the pan and cook for 4-6 minutes over med.-high heat until they are slightly browned. Use the remaining juice that the steaks were marinating in- put it in a small sauce pan and let it cook over medium heat until until it reduces to a glaze. You will use this as your sauce to spoon over your fish. * For the record, mine never gets super "glazey" just so you know :)

Serve with: My favorite thing to serve over is a bed of brown rice. I put a serving of brown rice, a steak of fish, and then a few spoonfuls of the fabulous sauce on top of it all. I will also serve it with artichokes, asparagus, or a crisp, green salad.

7 comments:

The Ryska Family said...

So this meal graced my tummy last night . . . and again this afternoon with leftovers. I can't decide which experince was better. I reduced the sauce/glaze for a while and it got nice an thick with yumminess. Thanks! I even held out hope that my precious son would taste it since it smelled so good. No luck but at least I feel like a good mom for trying to feed him something healthful.

Andrea said...

Oh good Kara, I am glad you liked it, it's one of my favorite fish recipes, so much flavor, and the glaze IS exceptional!

The Zaballos Family said...

i'm making this tonight!!! wish me luck!

Meghan said...

Unbelievable! So tasty...I think this may become my go to company meal...Seriously Andrea, you are making my days of being a new wife so fun and so delicious...Thanks a bunch!

Turner Family said...

Tried it last night and it was delish! Alex even liked it (he's super picky) and although AJ wasn't a fan of the fish, he enjoyed the rice with the ginger sauce. Definite winner.

TDM Wendy said...

Trying this one too... when i am done with my cleanse. Finishing day 5 of the master cleanse.

Sonya said...

This is delicious!! I used this on salmon, marinated it for 15 minutes and baked it....it was so tasty! Thanks for another awesome recipe!