Sunday, May 17, 2009

Steak Cobb Salad...


Ok, so this was a fun, impromptu meal last night. We had a leftover steak (pretty good size) from the night before, so I decided to give a Cobb salad a whirl, and what a good whirl it was! Pretty self explanatory, but for the record, here's what I put:

Ingredients:
2 hearts of romaine, washed & chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
6 stripes of bacon, cooked & chopped
1 hard boiled egg, sliced
1 avocado, chopped or sliced
1 steak, cooked and chopped (hot or cold would work)
1/2 cup blue cheese *** optional (if you are a blue cheese fan)

Directions:
First things first, cook your bacon ( I used the apple wood kind from Trader Joe's it was really good and has a little less "junk" in it than other brands). Also, hard boil your egg if you don't have a hard boiled egg handy, it just takes a few minutes. Then I washed my lettuce and refrigerated it so it stayed nice and crispy. Then I washed and chopped everything else, added the cheese, and tossed it together and made the "Light Salad Dressing" and topped it off. It was really, really good. Quick, easy, light and a great use of leftovers!  

No comments: