Thursday, December 23, 2010

Molasses Crinkles...

OKAY- there are a million things left to do, but I couldn't help posting this new recipe that I tried today for Molasses Crinkles. I was searching for one that didn't have any shortening in it, and I stumbled upon these. I made a few changes and thought they turned out pretty darn delicious. I was later affirmed in that "darn delicious thought" when my husband came home and ate 5 of them.... did I mention he doesn't like sweets???? SLOW DOWN Buddy- those are Santa's cookies!!!

Here's the recipe, they have a wonderful combination of spices, they are dark golden in color and they are topped with sparkly sugar and cute little crinkles... you will love them too!

Ingredients
2 TBSP butter, melted
2 TBSP coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
1/3 cup dark molasses
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 TBSP cinnamon
1.5 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
white sugar to top the cookies with

(please excuse the random placement all over the cookie sheet- my 2 year was helping make these for Santa!!)


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl add your melted butter and coconut oil, your molasses, brown sugar, egg and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt and sift until it's evenly blended. Then mix your dry ingredients into your wet. Mix well. Spoon out your dough and roll into 1 inch balls, then dip the tops of them into your white sugar. (I pour a little white sugar onto a salad plate and use that for dipping). Then place on your ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove and let them cool on a wire rack. They come out crinkled and chewy- yum!

No comments: