Friday, March 27, 2009

Marinated Flank Steak...





OK, this is a fabulous way to serve a large steak to a group (anywhere from 4-12). It's a family favorite of the Zaballos' and we often have it for special occasions. It's very simple- marinate and BBQ! The longer you marinate it, the more flavor it will have. Minimal marinating: 2 hours on the counter top or 8 hours in the fridge- BUT for the most flavor- I marinate it overnight in the fridge for at least a day, but up to 3 days!!!! It's soooooo good!

Ingredients:
2-3 lb flank steak (I buy mine at Costco, great prices- use one, freeze the other) 
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. fresh ground ginger (the kind in the jar)
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup pineapple juice (I keep a 6 pack of little pineapple juice cans in the pantry!)

Directions:
Pour all these ingredients into a bowl and whisk them together. Pull out your flank steak, I like to cut mine into steaks (about 4-5 peices from each flank) and then put them into a ziplock bag. Pour the marinate over the steaks, seal it up, and pop it in the fridge. (seem time range above), I like to marinate mine over night. Every few hours, I open the fridge and turn the steaks over and shake up the bag. When you are ready, BBQ it over medium heat, let it cool for about 5 minutes, then slice it into 1 inch stripes. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Krissa said...

We had this tonight--delish! We grilled up some zucchini to go with it. Yummy...

Andrea said...

Glad you liked it- love your comments! If for no one else- I would keep posting for you :) Thanks for trading recipes with me!!!

Lisa B said...

My family loves this recipe. Thank you!!