Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spicy Eggplant



This was so yummy, I could have eaten the whole dish! This recipe tops the charts, I am sure you will love it... the pictures don't do it justice! It is fast and easy to make, it maybe took me 15 minutes!! Great flavor and some spicy kick to heat things up. Serve it over a bed of brown rice.

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion
3 cloves garlic
3 TBSP soy sauce
3 TBSP rice vinegar
1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
3 TBSP grape seed oil

Directions:
Heat your grape seed oil in a hot frying pan with your red pepper flakes (I used 1/2 tsp and it was pretty spicy, next time I would use 1/4 tsp- but if you are a lover of spice, heat it up to 1/2). After that has a minute to heat up, add your chopped eggplant and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes, turning it every minute or so. Next add your chopped bell pepper and onions and minced garlic cloves and cook that for another 3 minutes, turning it as well. Last add your seasonings. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and either leave on low or remove from heat until serving. I let mine sit for about 30 minutes before eating, and everything was really well marinated and juicy... umm umm!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I was looking for a new eggplant recipe. You always come up with something! I'll have to try it. It just might work as my "Balkans" dish that I'm bringing for book club. (In my book, any eggplant dish is a Balkans dish!)
Wish I was up for the cleanse... I have no idea when I would attempt the water....

Krissa said...

Random question...what's that floral print under the bowl in the picture? Is it a placemat or a tablecloth or something else? :)
I'm going to try this soon...Kara says it's great. Hope you're doing well!

Andrea said...

Ha ha ha!!! Krissa I love you! The "floral print" is a table cloth that I got at Anthropology on the clearance rack for $20 Wha-hoo!!!! I love it because it's really busy and hides lots of spots and stains!!! :) Give this a whirl, I think you're taste buds are gonna like it! Loves!!

Stevie T said...

I was browsing recipe blogs when yours came up and saw this recipe. This was amazing! I ate it with Fettucine noodles my husband and I loved it! I'm trying your Tex Mex chicken salad recipe tomorrw.

Andrea said...

Awesome Stevie! It is still one of my favorite dishes, and I am SURE you are going to love the Tex MEx salad too- it's bursting with flavor! Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to hear from you again!