Sunday, March 6, 2011

Maple Whipped Cream Frosting

OK, I desperately need to get to bed, but I also feel DESPERATELY compelled to tell you about this DELICIOUS frosting/whip cream I just discovered. Let me tell you a little secret.... I don't normally like frosting. I scrape it off of every cake (you should see my plate when I am done, it's kind of embarrassing with smooshed frosting everywhere!). I scoop it out the center of cakes and I avoid corner pieces and any piped decorations on top. I don't even like whip cream, I order my Starbucks drinks without, I scoop it off of any desserts that I get out in restaurants... are you getting the picture?? I really don't care for it AT ALL.... until that is, I found this recipe. It's actually worth putting on, maybe even using in excess. And guess what, it's super easy and made with maple syrup! Give it a "whip" you'll love it, I promise!

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/4 cup softened butter

Directions
Simple. Add all ingredients to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until peaks form (about 5 minutes or so) then put on top of cupcakes, pie, anything else that will stand still long enough- it's delicious!

...And next I promise to post something you can put it on... double chocolate cupcakes! Also made with Maple Syrup!

2 comments:

whipping cream charger said...

thanks a lot for your tips on maple whipped cream frosting.

thanks
whipping cream chargers

cream chargers said...

thanks for sharing the recipe.