Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Harvest Grain Blend + Veggies

The other night I when I was getting dinner going I pulled out the leftover, unused veggies from the week and noticed I had an extra zuccini and 2 carrots, so I diced them up really small and tossed them into my Harvest Grains Blend (from Trader Joe's) to add a little more color, flavor and variation. It was a great way to incorporate veggies into our grains.

It's simple- Bring your broth to a boil and while that's boiling, chop your veggies, then add your grains, chopped veggies, and butter at the same time and cook for the 15 minutes on low. Both your grains and your veggies will be done at the same time- perfect combination! This is such a nice thing to keep on hand in your pantry and perfect for the last minute dinner addition because it takes such little prep and cooks so quickly! Enjoy!!

No comments: