Saturday, November 21, 2009

Baked Chicken....

So when it starts to get colder, I find myself not wanting to BBQ as much and instead wanting to heat up the oven- so in that case, try this simple recipe for baked chicken, using whatever seasoning you are feelin' up for!

Super simple, here's what to do: take out a Pyrex dish, I spray a little Olive Oil spray on it then I wash and pat dry my chicken breasts, and sprinkle some salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. Then pop them in your preheated oven at 400 degrees and let them bake for approximately 40 minutes (depending on how thick they are). I stick my thermometer in them and when it reads 170 I know it's done, or cut one of them in half and make sure it's no longer pink and the liquids are clear. The last 5- 10 minutes you can add some BBQ sauce if so desired! Enjoy!!! *** Picture: Served with simple asparagus and Harvest Grains from Trader Joe's****

No comments: