Friday, February 18, 2011

Powder Concoction for Helping a Lingering Cough

I know what you are thinking right now, "What is this crazy girl trying now?!".... do you know how I know you are thinking that... because my family thinks the same thing! HA! That is until they try it.... and then have to zip their lips because it really does work!

I was searching online for something to try to get rid of my pesky cough. I am willing to try just about any crazy concoction that's natural, especially if it means forgoing an antibiotic. And well, I found this little mixture and I gave it a whirl and in less than 2 days my cough was 90% better- I can live with that! If you are desperate (or crazy too!) and you are sick of coughing- try it, what can it hurt!

*** Disclaimer: I AM NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR, this is just a home remedy that has worked for me so I am passing it on, try it at your own risk!***

Ingredients:
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. dried ginger
1/4 tsp. dried cloves
honey

Directions:
Mix all 3 dry ingredients in a small bowl. Then get a cereal spoon, squeeze a glob of honey the size of a quarter onto the spoon and shake about 1/8 tsp. of your powder mixture onto the honey on the spoon and lick it off. Do this 3 times a day until your cough subsides.

No comments: