Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Balsamic Dressing


OK, so the other night I went to find my recipe for sweet balsamic and I realized I never posted it individually, just with the Pomegranate Salad. But, truth be told, I use this dressing when ever I make a "sweeter" salad- like one that involves apples, pears, crans, or candied nuts. It doesn't have as much "zip" as my other favorite balsamic dressing (I tend to use that one with more veggie oriented salads), so it brings a different flavor and milder element to any great salad. It also works well on spinach salads.

Ingredients
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup honey
1/2 tsp soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos (for gluten free friends)
1/2 tsp yellow mustard

Directions:
Two choices, either whisk it together or put it all in a jar and shake, shake, shake! Store in an air tight container if there is left overs.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds delish! I love making homemade dressings and will definitely try this one.