Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crispy Quesadilla




Now, I have to admit, I am not the biggest quesadilla fan in the world.... well, maybe that is until now! I found a great way to incorporate some different ingredients and get a really crispy crunch to it, and now, I think I am in love! I would have to say this is one of the easiest recipes you can chose when you are in a time crunch and you need a quick bite to eat- perfect for someone on the go!

Ingredients:
tortillas
cheese (I used Monterey Jack)
roma tomatoes
4-5 leaves of basil
grapeseed oil
pepper or other seasoning

Directions:
Heat about 1/2 tsp. grapeseed oil in a frying pan, lay your first tortilla just long enough for air bubbles to form underneath, then flip it (it should start to get lightly toasted) repeat this 3-4 times. Then do the same thing with the second tortilla (if you are making a whole). Then place one of the tortillas in the pan, add some shredded cheese (or mine was thinly sliced), some chopped tomatoes, finely chopped basil (you could use spinach too) and sprinkle with pepper. I also added some left over chicken slices to mine. Then I placed the top tortilla on, over medium heat and let it cook for just a bit. Then with a big flipper-thing (and my fingers) I carefully flipped it over. You could also opt to only cover half the tortilla with toppings and then just fold it in half. That would be much easier than flipping, you decide!

Get creative- try mushrooms, spinach, beans and olives or different cheeses to mix it up!

No comments: