Friday, October 9, 2009

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Thanks to a fabulous family vacation, I took some time off from recipes, but we are refreshed and ready to get back in the saddle with some yummy fall meals!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar...

So up until a few minutes ago, if you were to ask me if I liked Brussel Sprouts, I would have answered without hesitation, without a doubt- NO WAY!!! But things have changed around these parts, I can now (thanks to Natalie's recipe) answer, Yes I do!!!! Check out Natalie's blog for the original recipe and some other tasty ones I can't wait to try!!!

Here's what I did to roast them....
Ingredients:
3 large handfuls of small brussel sprouts (from Costco) for 2 people
a generous amount of Grape Seed Oil (or Olive Oil if you prefer)
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt
pepper

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 425. Wash and trim the bottoms of your brussel sprouts (discard any damaged outer leaves) and cut them in half. Throw them in a bowl, generously drizzle Grape Seed Oil on top (or Olive Oil) then mince garlic and add s & p. Mix well and pour on to a roasting pan or a cookie sheet lined in parchment paper. Quickly with clean fingers, flip them over so the flat side is on touching the cookie sheet. Pop them in the oven for 8-10 minutes (for small sprouts, 10-12 for larger ones). They will be browned on the underside when done. I served them with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar on top, because, well, everything is better with balsamic :) Enjoy, you are now officially an adult- you ate brussel sprouts!
Brussel Sprouts tossed with ingredients...
Laying flat on the parchment-lined cookie sheet...
Served up with some Teriyaki Chicken Thighs...

3 comments:

knkseals said...

It seems funny to me that you have not liked brussel sprouts until now. They have so many great features. I will try this roasted version very soon since my kids haven't had any in quite some time. By the way, thank you for the awesome cookies! We really should get our families together. Camden and Maren would love to hang out with Emery!

CC said...

These Brussel Sprouts look so so good. I am going to make these soon. Thanks Andrea....

ccdean said...

Tried these on Friday night and loved them. Thanks for the recipe!