Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cauliflower & Brussel Sprouts....




I adapted this recipe from one I previously posted on Roasted Brussel Sprouts- it's nothing fancy, just threw in another veggie with it- this time it was cauliflower and it was delicious! I quartered my brussel sprouts (because they were huge!) and then cut the cauliflower into small chunks and tossed them all with some Grape Seed oil, 3 cloves of garlic, and s & p. I roasted them on a roasting pan (or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper) on 4oo for about 15- 20 minutes. Then I served them with a drizzle of balsamic over the top- they were delicious! Great combination and great way to introduce more veggies to your pallet!

3 comments:

Carrie Squires said...

So, I've been reading your blog for a while, and it's given me some great ideas for dinners! Only, right when I started believing you about brussel sprouts being actually good, I started to eat them all the time (because they were good). But then I got pregnant. And now THINKING about brussel sprouts almost sends me over the edge. Why did it have to happen to brussel sprouts, when they have such a bad rap to begin with? Anyway, just had to tell you. I tried not to look at the pics on this posting for fear of 1 trimester recurrence. :) But I have loved so many of your other recipes!!

Andrea said...

Hey Carrie! So fun to see your comment, great to hear from you, your progress with Brussel Sprouts and YOUR PREGNANCY! (Congrats to you and Greg!!!) I am sorry to hear of your crazy food adventures, I was like that when I was pregnant as well--- come to think of it that's when I became addicted to sweet potato fries... have you tried those???! Take care and congrats again!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am trying this tonight. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for telling me what to do with brussel sprouts. Now how about beets? Any ideas?
Vali