Friday, October 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Cherries and Nuts

I made these a few weekends ago to thank some of my sweet friends who threw me Baby Shower... and I thought they were so delicious I had a hard time saving some for them, lucky for me the recipe makes a lot! I found this recipe at Sprouted Kitchen and I followed it almost exactly as she said with just a few minor changes. Her cookies looked soft and chewy, mine were crispy and crunchy- either way they are delicious!

Entry #5 of Scrumptious Treats:

Ingredients:
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup chopped & toasted pecans (I used sliced almonds)
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter, softened
1.5 cups packed dark brown sugar or muscavado
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix your flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and sift well. In another bowl, beat on medium your butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Then add your flour mixture and continue to beat on medium high until it's well blended. Then pour in your oats, nuts, dried cherries, and chocolate chips. and stir by hand until well blended. Scoop onto cookies sheets and cook for 8-10 minutes for soft cookies and 10- 12 for crunchy ones. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool.

No comments: