Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cupcake Sandwiches...

Entry #4 of Scrumptious Desserts:
Do you ever had a few left over cupcakes that didn't get frosting because you ran out? Do you have a the family member that doesn't eat frosting?? Ever forget the frosting at the store or realize that you don't have time to make it??? Well, here are some solutions to Frosting Free Cupcakes!
A simple idea: Take a plain cupcake, slice the top off and add a scoop of ice cream to it, place the top back on, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, and add a fresh scoop of berries to the side.
Or another simple solution.... (sorry for the horrible picture, it's always awkward to take a picture of your food in a restarunt, one has to be quick and sometimes not in focus when doing this!) you can put a dollop of homemade Whipping Cream and a sprinkling (or spoonful) of your favorite chopped candy bar... this picture has Heath Bar crumbled on top. Make sure to chill your whipping cream before hand.
And here's a little something that I want to try out... the next time I have to bring dessert somewhere, I found it on a blog called "Joy the Baker" and thought it was really cute and seemed really simple.... if you give it a whirl, leave us a comment and let us know how it turns out! (see her blog for directions.... or stay tuned and maybe I will make them this month!) For a quick review, it's a layer of brownie on the bottom, a scoop of ice cream in the middle, some fudge and topped of with rainbow sprinkles- cute huh?!

I know both examples were with chocolate cupcakes but get creative, you could really branch out and use yellow cupcakes with chocolate ice cream or spice cupcakes with vanilla bean or lemon cupcakes with french vanilla, or chocolcate fudge cupcakes with mint chocolate chip.... do I need to go on??? Have fun!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks so much for leaving me your message! I'm always looking for something new (and good!) so I'm so excited to check out your recipes. I've been baking all morning to have goodies for our camping trip this weekend and I can't wait to come home to try some of yours next week. I think first on my list will be the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I scanned through some of your pages but haven't gotten even near through all of them but if off the top of your head you've got a great bread recipe that is gluten free and/or yeast free, I'd love to hear it. I've tried 4 or so - one went straight to the trash, and the others were only slightly edible. I feel like it's a lost cause! Thanks again for the advice! Oh and I heard baby is getting very close. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to hear happy news in a few weeks. :)

Mama G said...

I've made JtB's brownie ice cream cupcakes lots of times with different flavors of ice cream. i usually leave the chocolate ganache off because i'm too lazy but they're amazing and super easy and everone loves them!