Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs

Sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a "flavor rut", so I am trying to branch out to things I wouldn't automatically gravitate towards... here's my newest find, it was really tasty and out of the box for me. Let me know if you give it a thumbs up or down....
Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken breasts
3 TBSP olive oil
1.5 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
shake of cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy!)
Skewers

Directions:
Wash and cut your chicken into cubes. Put them in a large ziplock bag (or shallow dish). Whisk ingredients for marinate together in a bowl and pour over the chicken. Let marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Skewer them on a kabob sticks and BBQ over med- high heat for 10- 15 minutes. I served this with Black Bean and Corn Salad and the flavors blended perfectly together!

No comments: