Monday, August 9, 2010

Dehydrators: 201

Homemade Fruit Roll-ups
These are super easy to make, you just need ripe fruit and a blender.... and your dehydrator of course! They are so great if you have left over fruit that you're not going to get to in time or some that is too soft for eating, but perfect for fruit-rolling! Simply spray your fruit roll-up tray (that comes with your dehydrator) with a non-stick spray and blend your fruit until it's completely pureed. Pour the pureed mixture on the fruit roll-up trays and smooth it out until it's even all over the tray. Put in the dehydrator- see manual for time amount (mine was about 6-7 hours depending on how thick you layer your tray).Here are some sample fruit concoctions:
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1 peach
  • handful of black berries
  • 1 plum
  • 1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
Another one:
  • 2 cups strawberries
  • 2 cups applesauce
Another one:
  • 1 apple, cored not peeled
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 peach
  • 1 nectarine
  • 3 strawberries
** After it's done drying, they peel up really easily from the tray and I just tear mine into pieces and keep them in an air tight container... but they don't last long!

5 comments:

myoelastic said...

Gosh this sounds amazing. Startinbg to wish I had a dehydrator!

Andrea said...

Right now I am loving my dehydrator and using it a ton! I make a batch of roll ups every other morning while getting breakfast on the table, and they are awesome... but I know myself, I go through phases and I am sure I will cycle out of this one and find something else to make! It's a great thing for summer time that's for sure!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoever wants healthy and slimming. You can just feel free visit this website:
http://www.all-freehealthyrecipes.com

Krissa said...

This doesn't really have anything to do with dehydrators...but I saw your vitamix in the picture and wanted to ask you which one you have/recommend and also if you have found anywhere with a great deal on one. Thanks!

Andrea said...

OK Krissa, regarding my Vitamix, I purchased it at Costco two years back and it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. I use it everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. I have a small kitchen, but that bad boy sits on out on the counter- he has earned his countertop space because he is used so frequently! Costco has a traveling Vitamix representative at different Costco's (call your Costco and they can tell you when they are coming next). I purchased it there and it was cheaper than online and you know Costco has a great return policy if you ever have a problem with it (Vitamix alone has a 7 year warranty on their products). I just got the basic model, you can get different attachments (to make flours and breads and more) but I have been able to use mine for everything I need it for. I love it! AND Christmas is coming.... is it tacky to ask for a Costco gift card??? ha ha ha!